Thursday, March 10, 2016

Jakarta Staycation: Bidding Goodbye to Indonesia

it has been almost 3 months since i left Indonesia, spent a couple of weeks back to my home land, squeezed travels in between and now currently journeying at the other side of the world, following my heart.  

i haven't been able to update this blog nor my social media accounts of my happenings as i have been hibernating in places i've been. Now, i am back trying to get back in the groove of blogging and sharing. 

anyway, looking back to my old life in Jakarta, prior to leaving this city for good, my friend and I had a staycation at one of the hotels in central Jakarta as a send off of some sort. 


fortunately i was able to book our room in Pullman Hotel Thamrin with 40% discount being an accor member in one of their promos. yay for that! We paid 1,052,700 IDR (~80 US$) for a superior room. 

Check in was a breeze. We had an early check in and spent the better part of the day lounging in the room.

lobby

bed and desk with TV

bathroom

Pullman Thamrin has spa, wellness center and swimming pool, which we were not able to use as we preferred to nap than leave the room. haha!

outdoor pool

we were supposed to head out for dinner but it was raining cats and dogs outside so we opted to stay in hotel and dine in.

we had dinner at Sana Sini Restaurant. They offer dinner buffet but we chose the ala carte instead. we both ordered soto ayam (yellow chicken soup. it was filling but for a 5 star soto ayam experience, let's just say i've had better. 

moreover, we had our breakfast at the same restaurant. it was a buffet breakfast, which was excluded in the room rate. rate of buffet breakfast was 266,200 IDR (~21 US$). Overall the breakfast spread was great. too bad i wasn't able to enjoy it much due to time constraints.

Sana Sini Restaurant

Last Thoughts about Jakarta

it has been almost 3 months since i left Jakarta, which i resided for almost 5 years. it was a bittersweet feeling spending my last night in the city.

Prior to leaving the city, i made sure that i would finish all work related stuff so i would have a few days to enjoy the city before bidding goodbye. 

Jakarta has been my version of home since April 2011. I grew up in all aspects of life in this city. Moving to this city has been one of the best decisions i have made in my life. thus, leaving has been  a bit difficult for me but i know i'm moving on to a life waiting for me at the other side of the world. 

I will definitely miss Jakarta. i would really love to visit again, play tourist in this country, reunite with my friends and stuff my face with my favorite indonesian dishes. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the next visit. Sampai Jumpa, Jakarta! Saya selalu kangen kamu!
SHARE:

No comments

© The Vain Traveler. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig