Thursday, October 22, 2015

Singapore Day Trip

Travel Date: August 5, 2015

#TheSocialTree 

6 months after my previous day trip to Singapore this year, which i failed to document, I was off again for a "work-related" day trip to the Merlion City. In comparison to the previous one, this time i have prepared for this 12 hour overseas excursion. I made sure i got to visit one place i have never seen before in Singapore plus food trip. 

Since it was a very short trip, let me share some photos and some tidbits along the way.

GETTING TO/FROM/AROUND

Jakarta, Indonesia to Singapore via Garuda Indonesia - 955,200 IDR

One of my travel wish lists is to experience different airlines when traveling. It only make sense to finally experience garuda indonesia  before i leave this country. hehe. 

The flight was on time. And i must say, they serve the best in-flight nasi goreng ever. Too bad the travel was only 1 1/2 hours. Maybe next time. 

in flight meal

Around Singapore via MRT - ez link card

I have my old ez link card, which was fortunately refilled before my trip. I have used this card during the duration of my day trip and i  still had enough credits for the next trip. yay for that!

mrt way is the way

Singapore to Jakarta, Indonesia via Jetstar - 54 SGD

got this fare for sale! base fare was only 17 SGD. 

ITINERARY

since i arrived early in the morning, i have to make "work-related" errand first and luckily finished at around 10 in the morning.

happy 50th anniversary SG!

I had the free day so off to... chinatown! yes, i have never been to  Singapore's chinatown before. 






one of the reasons why i wanted to go to chinatown was because of the recommended street that sells local paintings. Sadly, the street was closed for renovation of sort and i have no idea where to look for its relocation. boo!

It was almost lunch so i suggested Maxwell Hawker Centre . I definitely missed my hawker fixings. yum! 


oyster cake and hainanese chicken rice

next stop was to spend the rest of the afternoon in orchard before my 4:30 pm appointment. i went window shopping in takashimaya, ngee ann city, ion and wisma atria. and of course, my jollibee fix at Lucky Plaza. 




After my appointment, i went straight to airport so i can look around changi airport (a.k.a. shop) and grab some dinner before my flight. As i was walking around, i saw one of the newest attractions  in the airport, The Social Tree. It is an interactive installation wherein you can store and share photos and videos in its memory capsule. if you're not keen in sharing your photos in your social media accounts, you may opt to sent to your email instead. 


#OOTD

it was unbearably hot so i made sure i wore comfy outfit for this 12 hour trip. yes, i wore sneakers for this trip. I figured i will be walking for almost the entire day so i made it to a point to wear something comfy footwear.

dress: temt | sunglasses: rayban wayfarer | sneakers: nike | tote bag: goyard

Last Thoughts about Singapore

i was saddened to the thought that this was my last work related trip to Singapore. It was a bittersweet realization that i don't have to go to Singapore for a day. Moreover, it got me into thinking  how convenient it was to go Singapore for a day. Yes, a day from Jakarta. And when i leave Jakarta, Singapore will truly be a destination to be missed.

drama aside, there are still a lot of places in Singapore i have yet to explore, food to try, adventures to experience. That being said, there is a big chance that i will go back to Singapore before the year ends (day trip again) and hopefully, some places of must eat/see will be ticked of from my list plus the local painting that i have originally planned on buying. hehe. let's cross fingers to that!
Photos by Madel & Lalaine

SHARE:

No comments

© The Vain Traveler. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig